we congratulate you on the purchase of this Kronoton product and are sure that you have made a good choice.
In the event that, contrary to expectations, your product develops a defect within the warranty period, please contact us at www.hdsx.com/guarantee or in other countries listed in these warranty conditions or the accompanying brochures (scope of warranty).
1. This warranty applies to your Kronoton product to the extent that the product was purchased within the scope of the warranty. By this warranty, Kronoton warrants that the product is free from defects in material and/or workmanship at the time of initial purchase. The warranty period is 24 months.
2. If the product should prove to be defective (at the time of initial purchase) during the warranty period due to material and/or processing defects, Kronoton or a specialized company will repair or replace the product or its defective parts within the scope of the warranty at its own discretion and in accordance with the following conditions, assuming the labor and material costs. Kronoton or the specialized company may replace defective products or parts with new or as-new products or parts, in which case the replaced products or parts become the property of Kronoton.
3. This warranty does not cover:
a) regular maintenance and repair or replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear;
b) consumables (components that are expected to require periodic replacement during the life of the product);
c) damage or defects caused by use, operation or handling of the product other than normal private use; and
d) damage or alteration to the product caused by:
I. improper use, including:
– Handling that results in physical or surface damage or blemishes to the product or damage to liquid crystals;
– Damage caused by connecting or using the product for a purpose other than its intended use or failure to follow our operating and installation instructions;
– Damage caused by failure to follow care and maintenance instructions when servicing or maintaining the product;
– Installation or use of the product contrary to the applicable technical standards or safety regulations in the country where the product is installed or used;
II. damage caused by viruses or by the use of software that was not included in the scope of delivery or was installed improperly;
III. damage caused by use of the product with systems or equipment other than Kronoton products that are not designed for use with this product;
IV. Use of the product with accessories, peripherals and/or components of a different type, to a different standard or under conditions other than those approved by Kronoton;
V. Repairs or attempted repairs by anyone other than Kronoton or qualified service providers;
VI. adjustments or modifications made without Kronoton’s prior written consent, including
– Upgrades to the product beyond the specifications or features described in the instruction manual;
– Modifications of the product to conform to national or local technical or safety standards in countries for which the product was not expressly designed and manufactured;
VIII. Accidents, fire, liquids, chemicals, other substances, flooding, shock, excessive heat, inadequate ventilation, voltage fluctuations, excessive or improper supply or line voltage, radiation, electrostatic discharges such as lightning, external force and shock.
4. This warranty covers only the hardware components of the product. It does not extend to software (either Kronoton or third party) for which end user license agreements are attached or separate warranty documents or exclusions are provided.
C. Conditions of use
1. Warranty services will only be provided if the defective product is presented within the warranty period together with the original invoice or cash register receipt (stating the date of purchase, model designation and dealer name). The beginning of the warranty is the date of the first purchase according to the original invoice or cash register receipt. Kronoton and the specialist company reserve the right to refuse the free warranty service if the proof of purchase is not presented or is incomplete or illegible. Furthermore, there is no warranty claim if the model designation or serial number on the product has been changed, erased, removed or otherwise made illegible.
2. to avoid damage to removable data storage media or accessories, or loss or deletion of data, you must remove them before sending the product for warranty service.
3. this warranty does not cover the transportation costs and risks of transporting your product to and from Kronoton or a specialized company.
4. Kronoton or the specialized company will charge you a flat inspection fee,
– if the examination of your product by Kronoton or the specialized company shows that you are not entitled to a warranty claim, regardless of the reason; or
– no defect was found during the examination of your product and your device is functioning faultlessly.
D. Warranty exclusions and limitations
1. except as set forth above, Kronoton makes no warranty (express, implied, statutory or otherwise) as to the quality, performance, accuracy, reliability, fitness for a particular purpose or other characteristics of the product or the accompanying or related software.
2. Kronoton agrees under this warranty only to repair or replace products subject to these warranty terms. Kronoton shall not be liable for any loss or damage, tangible or intangible, such as purchase price, loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of data, loss of enjoyment of life, or unavailability of the product or related components, which may arise directly, indirectly, or as a result of products or services under this warranty or otherwise. This applies to loss or damage caused by:
I. Impairment or failure of the function of the product or related equipment due to defects or unavailability of the product while at Kronoton’s or a professional service provider’s facility, downtime, and business interruption;
II. inaccuracies in the performance results of the Product or related products;
III. damage to or loss of software programs or removable media; or
IV. Virus attack and other causes.
3. this limitation of liability applies to loss or damage regardless of the legal cause, including but not limited to negligence, tort, breach of contract, express or implied warranties, and strict liability (even if Kronoton or a professional service provider has been advised of the possibility of such damages).
4. if these disclaimers are contrary to applicable law, in whole or in part, Kronoton will limit its warranty or liability to the extent permitted by applicable law. For example, some state laws prohibit the exclusion or limitation of damages liability for negligence, gross negligence, willful misconduct, fraud and similar acts. Any liability that cannot be fully excluded will be limited to the duration of this warranty to the extent permitted by applicable law. Liability under this warranty is limited in amount to the purchase price of the product. If applicable law provides only higher limits of liability, such higher limit of liability shall apply.
E. Reservation of the statutory consumer right
Consumers may have legal rights under national laws concerning the sale of consumer goods. This warranty does not limit your possible legal rights or your contractual rights against the dealer arising from the purchase contract. You may assert these rights at your own discretion.
The warranty for your product is granted and fulfilled by Kronoton GmbH, Völckers Park 13, 21465 Reinbek, Germany. You can also contact Kronoton by e-mail at email@example.com or by calling the numbers listed under Contact.